Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Soft Yellow



As much as I love the pinks and creams of the more well-known foxglove, Digitalis purpurea, I just don't have the time or talent to grow them from seed every year or two. Instead, I have this perennial foxglove, Digitalis ambigua grandiflora. It's not as tall or showy as the more traditional cottage garden flower, but it is much more easy going.

In fact, it self-seeds prodigiously, filling my garden with these beautiful, creamy yellow spires. Oh how I love a flower that is so easy. ;)

7 comments:

Judy said...

Lovely flower, and I completely agree that easy is best for a garden! Besides, it is restful to have something other than the bright colours to look at!

Bee said...

I think I like these best. They're kind of like the pretty quiet sister in the movie that nobody realizes is a real knockout until the end.

Wonder if I could take a flower to the paint store and have them match that shade of creamy yellow? It'd look great on my kitchen walls.

RURAL said...

What a beautiful shade of yellow. Simply soft, and fresh.

Great shot, as always.

Jen

Sue said...

I think I would tend to agree with you and go with the self-seeding ones! I love the softness of this image; beautiful flowers.

Marcie said...

Lovely soft colors. Nice image!

Deborah Godin said...

Self-seeding - that's for me. I confess to being an instant-gratification low-to-no maintenance gardner!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot. It makes my heart race.