Monday, August 3, 2009

Rolling In



This was shot last week, on a rainy morning at the beach. You can see how my lens was fogged up in the lower right corner. I edited for saturation and added a texture in Photoshop to make it seem even more dramatic. I like the way the clouds turned out.

Yesterday it rained like mad here in New Jersey. Probably about two or more inches in less than an hour. We sat on the porch and watched as the thunder and lightning rolled through and our lawn was covered in puddles. The water table is always high in our yard, but I think if we'd dug a huge hole right then, it would have filled with water in about ten minutes.

8 comments:

Country Girl said...

We had a lot of rain here, too but the sun came out in the afternoon and the air was sweet and somewhat cool for a change.
Love your dramatic sky!

Regina@DailyLiving said...

Hi Mary.This is amazing. Love all your photos.
I just joined the Mosaic Monday.
Thanks.

Char said...

gorgeous shot - yesterday it poured but today it's bright and beautiful.

Southerncook said...

Amazing photo, Mary.

Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

Carolynn Anctil said...

That's an angry sky. I'll bet it was an incredible show, though!

João Mourão said...

Lovely. amazing pp

Ashley said...

Wonderful shot and great texture. I love the dark feeling of it. Beautiful!

Cynthia said...

Stunning capture!