Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fading Light



I feel like this blog has become all flowers, all the time.  There hasn't been much in the way of decent landscape shots here lately.  We are in a sort of in-between season.  Winter, with it's beautiful snow and bright skies has fled for the time being, and we are left with brown, trampled grass and frozen mud.  At least the days are getting longer, which is a blessing of sorts.  This shot was taken in the fading light of late afternoon, but it was strong enough to capture the grace of this white tulip.  Thank God for cut flowers, or I think I would go mad at this time of year.  :)

9 comments:

ELK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bee said...

It's always nice to look at pretty flowers. Thank you for making it possible for us to see them everyday during this dreary time of year.

Anonymous said...

Simply perfect! Love the light!!!

Char said...

the light in this shot is just gorgeous ... and I know what you mean. my last shots were all about the tulips because I didn't have the time to get out and actually shoot. things will be better before you know it. in the meantime, I'm enjoying what you're doing.

Anonymous said...

I've really enjoyed all the flowers! This time of year all we northerners are craving greens and blooms!

Anonymous said...

Well this is certainly a beauty.

I know what you mean about it being in between season. I've taken to moving things indoors lately, well work does require that right now anyway but I've also been creating some images inside for myself.

e.o.w. said...

I second that, about the cut flowers- There's a reason for Valentine's Day bouquets in the heart of February!
And... you've been tagged!
Who knows, maybe the pattern of four will lead you to an image of Harvest or spring!

d smith kaich jones said...

Oh, it's that waiting-for-spring-to-get-here-feeling. Flowers start to show up everywhere. This is gorgeous. No ifs, ands or buts. LOVE it!

:) Debi

Suzanne said...

Absolutely stunning!