Saturday, October 11, 2008

At Dawn



There was a wonderful mist all around yesterday morning as I took my daughter to school.  When I got back home, I grabbed my camera and went out to shoot at the baseball field next to my home, and in the park.  Then I thought I would try my favorite farm, but was disappointed by the light.  As I drove further up the road to turn around, I pulled into an unfamiliar lane.

And there I found a small pond, nestled in a hollow, where the mist had gathered and the light was wondrous.  Eureka!  Don't you love it when that happens?  ;)

*********

If you would like to see some beautiful nature photos and enter a great giveaway, go on over to my friend Kate's blog -- Chronicles of a Country Girl.  You'll be so glad you did.  :)

14 comments:

Country Girl said...

Oh, my gosh Mary!! I love it when that happens! This is incredible. And you are so sweet to send folks over to my giveaway.
Have a great day.

Michele said...

I am happy that you found your photo! It's beautiful!

dlyn said...

Beautiful Mary - I love the mist and the way the light flows through. And yes - the photo you asked about was the view from my front porch the other morning.

Anonymous said...

Right place. Right time. Wow.

RURAL said...

There are days, and then there are DAYS! Your photos are always lovely, but this one is spectacular.

Yesterday at the beach, there was a magical light, I got some of the best photos I have ever took. SOC. No retouching at all. See there are days, and then there are days.....

Jen

Sue said...

OUTSTANDING!!

ELK said...

this took my breath away ~glorious!

spread your wings said...

This is fantastic. You really found a gem and got the most glorious photo with the light flare and all.

I love that "Eureka" feeling. long story but here are the photos

http://flickr.com/photos/shutterxdown/2404133151/in/set-72157604951468073/

christina said...

Oh goodness this is the shot! The mist!

Zohre said...

Beautiful picture. :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing light in deed. Wonderful capture

amanda said...

Gorgeous! Love the flair and the magic of the mist! Were you squealing with glee? I would've acted like a 2 year old at this discovery - clapping and giggling! What a find!!!

P.S. Throw your wallet and your cell phone in the camera bag and call it a day. You are a professional now! Who needs a purse?

Minna Dyer said...

What amazing light. I need to get outside earlier in the morning! Although, around here, I don't see such beautiful lakes and fields, but maybe there's something...

Gawdess said...

I like the flaring and the pink light